"I can not change the world but I can change the world for one person" -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I can't believe I FINALLY get to write this!

I have wanted to be able to write this blog for a long time and I can't believe I am finally able too!

What an amazing experience we are going through right now! I have met some amazing people on the Uganda adoption website and with them by our sides, we are moving full speed ahead on adopting and think we have found a match with a sweet little girl. We also learned she has a sister and we are trying to locate her and see if she is still available for adoption AND to make our family even better, we are going to add a little boy to the mix. SO God willing, we will have not, two, not three, not four but five children in our home! Can you imagine all the love? We are so excited!!

About a month ago when we knew we were really serious about this, we started saving all our coins towards the adoptions. Today, Elliot went into our room and got the jar. I was telling him to put it back but he said just a minute Mom, I want to show you something...so a little reluctantly I allowed him to take the jar. Elliot put the adoption jar next to his piggy bank, and unloaded his entire piggy bank into the jar!!! He said he wanted to help bring our kids home! I was filled with such pride and joy for this little boy that as a five year old, gets it! He really gets it. I cried and cried. I told him that Jesus was jumping up and down because he was so happy and proud of Elliot. What an amazing heart that kid has!! SO if you would like to help us toward our adoption and bringing our kids home, one of things you could do is please consider saving your change. It is pretty easy to just throw in a jar and let it add up!

I promise to post more soon!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment